Sunday, September 19, 2010

Peer Educator of the Month 0910

SOUTH AFRICA

Hlengiwe Langa


"GOLD has encouraged me to spread my wings and fly"

Hlengiwe Langa is an extremely motivated and compassion track 1 Peer Educator.
Hlengiwe studies at Kwa Pata Secondary School which is located near
Pietermaritzburg in KwaZulu-Natal.

Hlengiwe is incredibly self motivated and dedicated to meeting her GOLD targets.
She believes that GOLD has enabled her to overlook the obstacles in her life, and
now she has the strength to encourage others to do the same.

Hlengiwe describes herself an outspoken person and says that "the GOLD
program has given me a platform to express myself." GOLD has instilled her
with a sense of dignity and integrity. Hlengiwe is amazingly dedicated to
working hard and doing her best to help her community. She says, "I'm doing
this for myself. If I don't take a stand, no one will. I will never get anywhere in
life if I just sit back and wait for things to come my way. It is better to get out
there yourself."

Hlengiwe has an inspiring sense of service to her community. She does her
best to provide help to others. Through the GOLD program, Hlengiwe is
reaching out to people in all corners of the community, even those she would
not normally have a chance to interact with. She says that reaching out to
people involves respecting them, and recognising their problems. After
spending some time talking through problems with them, she will either
provide some advice, or refer them on to an organisation which may help
them.

Hlengiwe is an incredibly passionate and motivated young South African. She
is doing an amazing job of uplifting her community and instilling her peers with
hopes and dreams for a better future.

No comments:

Post a Comment